Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Thorny Devil Lizard & The Texas Horned Lizard

Phase 1: Research & Preliminary Design
Week 3: January 26, 2012-January 31, 2012

My goals was to find both a wildlife and vegetation natural model to mimic.  I have already chosen the barrel cactus for my vegetation model and I was struggling to find a correlating wildlife species.  Luckily, through plenty of research I found two new friends for a wildlife representative.  The new additions are the Thorny Devil Lizard and the Texas Horned Lizard.  Even though they are from opposite sides of the world, the Thorny Devil (from Australia) and the Texas Horned Lizard (from the US), have evolved to have similar adaptive traits.  Their form, adaptive functions, and ecosystems provide me with the ability to mimic them at all levels.  In addition, they have developed similar adaptations to that of the barrel cactus.  Take a look at these lizards...

 My next step is to do what I did with the barrel cactus and determine an air conditioning supplement based on the adaptive traits/characteristics of these lizards.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Looking forward to reading more.
    Thanks Again. Will read on…

    Locklizard

    ReplyDelete